About Me

My photo
Singer/Composer/Writer married to an extremely beautiful and loving wife, with 2 gorgeous girls in college and the sweetest little boy, (6 yrs old). If you're a fan, check out both my blogs, "Melancholy Meanderings" and "Love and Other Bruises".

Away

Ok... This is the first song/poem of any substance that I ever wrote... many of you are already familiar with it, but it seemed appropriate to start at the beginning...

I am of course talking about "Away"...

Click Play to listen as you read along:




AWAY


Have you ever wondered, have you ever cried
Have you ever wanted to but instead just sighed
Cast within the shadow, that’s getting hard to take
Gets tougher every day for me to breathe, to sleep, to wake

What if I called upon the wind, Offered my soul from deep within
Would it pick me up and carry me away?

What am I to do when I’m feeling so unsure
When I have the realization that my mother isn’t pure
Who do I turn to, and who will understand
When the father I’m looking at is now a strange man

What if I called upon the sea, offered the life inside of me
Would it sweep me under and wash away the pain?

I believe that I could fly, beyond the earth, the sea, the sky

Away

The past is all too clear, the future yet unknown
When old scars reappear why can’t I let them go
How about all these choices decisions I must make
What are the implications if I make the same mistakes?

What if I called upon the earth, yield my last breath to the dirt
Would it cover me and shelter me from the rain?

I believe that I could fly, beyond the earth, the sea, the sky

Away

No comments: